If you start working for yourself, it’s important to inform HMRC that you are self employed. If you don’t tell them you may also incur penalties. Once you have registered for Tax you are automatically register for NI (National insurance). 

To set up as a self employed, you must meet your expense obligations by filling in your Self Assessment tax return every year and paying tax and National Insurance. When you’re self-employed, you will probably need to pay income tax and National Insurance on your income. 

Register as self employed online: The quickest approach to enroll as self employed is online through the HMRC site. If you have not previously submitted a self assessment tax return, you should register your business online with HMRC.

HMRC Self Employed Contact Details: – Any enquiry related Income Tax contact HMRC.

Telephone: 0300 200 3300

Text phone: 0300 200 3319

Outside UK: +44 135 535 9022

Post Address: – You can write to HMRC with enquiries about Income Tax

HM Revenue and Customs – Self Assessment 

PO Box 4000

Cardiff CF148HR 

United Kingdom 

DNS Accountants has a wealth of experience in working with start-ups. DNS Accountants would be happy to help you to register as a self employed in UK. Please contact us if you need further advice, have any questions related our services, would like a free consultation or a fixed fee quote. Get an instant quote, or give us a call. 02071480205.

Mail: vidit@dnsassociates.co.uk

Above mentioned content is originally posted at :-



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s